Saturday, 5 September 2015

Everything's Peachy

This post is a day late but I think it'll be alright. And this one is actually a bit of an experiment. The recipe is the experiment, not the post. Sheesh; I gotta work on my wording.

So I decided to buy some peaches one day when I went to the grocery store. And then I realized that there was no way my little miss and I could eat all of them by ourselves. So I had to come up with a tasty treat that we could share.  Luckily I had a couple cousins coming to visit plus my grandparents. And they would be the perfect guinea pigs for this.

I'll add pictures to the post another day. I made this dessert a couple weeks ago and it didn't even occur to me to use it in a post then so I didn't take any pictures when I made it. Go figure. 

Anywho... 








Here we go: Peach Crisp.
Yeah, just like an apple crisp, but with peaches instead of apples. Aren't I clever? Don't answer that. 

Peaches are generally pretty sweet I find but they turned out just a teensy bit tart in this crisp which actually made it that much better. Especially since the crisp was nice and sweet which really balanced it all out. 

So to start, get yourself some peaches. Personally I think you can do as many or as few as you like. It really all depends on how big or small you want your dessert to be. When I made it I think I used 6-8 medium sized peaches. I actually can't remember how many I ended up using.  Whoops!
Peel those peaches and slice them up real nice. Place all your peach slices into a, I'd say, 9X9 pan. Unless of course you're making a really big dessert, then by all means use a larger pan.   

Now for the crisp part. Get yourself: 
- 3/4 cup brown sugar 
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon 
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter

I personally plan to use a little less nutmeg the next time I make this. But try it with the amount above and see how you feel about it. 

Now, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix all those ingredients together until it's nice a crumbly. Then just sprinkle over your peaches. A quick 30 minutes in the oven and it's done!

This is a quick and easy dessert just perfect for this time of year. 

If you do try this recipe let me know how it turned out for you. And I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment