This recipe is from a family cookbook which has a pretty varied collection of recipes. And each recipe is credited to whoever submitted the recipe so I have no idea who the actual genius is behind this delicious snack.
These are called oh Henry bars. But they are nothing like the chocolate bars they get their name from. And personally I think these ones are better. Blasphemy I know.
Shall we get started?
Let's get together all the things we need and get this show on the road! I'm doubling this (because if I don't there won't be any for anyone else to eat) but I'm giving you the amounts for a single batch.
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 3 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 6 Oz chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
I'm going to warn you now. These things are slightly addictive. I speak from experience. I can never get enough. And neither can my family.
These are also very easy and quick to make. So let's start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees then creaming the butter and sugar.
And then we'll add our rolled oats, corn syrup, vanilla and salt. Stir it together to get it all blended together.
Once it's all mixed together press it all into a 9x13 inch pan. I use my brownie pan which is why I double my amount. And now we bake it! Into the oven it goes for 12-15 minutes.
While it's in there let's take our chocolate chips and peanut butter and melt them together on the stove. Make sure you keep the heat low and stir it often so it doesn't scorch. And when the cake/bars come out of the oven spread this yummy mixture over it.
I always tuck it in the fridge to cool it and to set the chocolate. When the chocolate is solid I take it out and cut it up. And then of course... I eat it!
Enjoy folks!!
Gave this recipe a try? Let me know how it worked out for you and what you thought of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment