Friday, 8 January 2016

A New Year's Twist

Thanks to a post-Christmas flu bug this first post of the new year is being done later than I had planned. Sorry folks!

Each new year brings a lot of promise and excitement with it. And of course a chance for a fresh start. It can be intimidating. Like a lot of folks I made some new year's resolutions. Some are pretty typical (like wanting to be healthier) and some are more personal. One resolution I made revolves around Little Miss K's Cookies. It's both simple and complicated. The complicated part is more of an in-depth explanation of the simple part. And it would probably end up taking up this whole post. So let's not do that and I'll just stick with the simple part so we can move along to the main attraction.

The resolution is this: Work to improve and build on what I've already begun with Little Miss K's Cookies.

Now that I've told you my resolution I have to stick with it. You folks are my witnesses. Is that the right word? Ah well, it'll have to be because I can't think of a different one. Haha!

Now, moving on. Are you ready for what this post is really all about? Let's get to it then!

Do you folks remember I post I did back in October about those red velvet cheesecake brownies? Pretty yummy they were. If you don't remember, scoot on over and take a peek.
>>Click here!<<

Why did I ask you about those? Well, because I decided to try a new twist on that recipe.
I've never been a huge fan of red velvet anything so even though there was cheesecake involved I was just not loving them. Not really anyway. So shortly after Christmas and before the new year came around I started thinking about those brownies and wondered what I could do to them so I'd like them better.

Then it kind of just popped into my head all of a sudden while I was laying on the floor wondering if I was going to make it to the bathroom if I needed to (I'm a mum, we don't get days off)  while my munchkin used me as a jungle gym and ran around like a terror.

Ready for my eureka! moment? I could do regular brownies instead of red velvet! Say what?

I feel that that was rather anti-climactic. Oh well!

So now, I'd like to introduce my Cheesecake Brownies.
(I really, really hope that I had this idea to make this change before someone else. Haha!)



These are made entirely the same way as the red velvet version but I personally find that they turned out better. And they taste amazing!
I tooted my own horn there. Hee hee!

Brownies are one of the quickest and simplest treats to make. Just one of the many reasons I love them so much.

I realized just now that I took almost no pictures at all of this as I was making it. Shoot!

 Brownies consist of butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, flour and cocoa (don't worry, the full recipe is going to be posted below). I like to throw in chocolate chips too. You really can't have too much chocolate can you?

And really, it takes very little time to get those mixed together. Once you do have them mixed together you spread that all out in a greased pan and ta-da! they're ready to go in the oven.

We need to keep 1/4 cup set aside though, so let's not forget that.




But wait! There's more!



We have to do cheesecake! We can't forget the cheesecake!

Cheesecake is also very simple to make. All you need is cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg yolks.

So, so easy! I love it!

Whip those ingredients together until they're nice and smooth and it's all set.
Go ahead and pour that over the brownies and spread it out all nice.



Remember that extra bit of brownie batter we saved? Now's the time to use it. Drop little dollops of it all over the cheesecake and swirl it in there with a knife. It might not look super pretty but that's really okay. I really don't think people will mind if they aren't super duper beautiful. Especially not once they've had a bite!

I mean seriously? How can you go wrong with chocolate and cheesecake?


And there you have it. Cheesecake brownies. Super simple and super delicious. Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment