I was going through my recipes and the ones I had saved on Pinterest looking for some inspiration. And then I decided to look up new recipes. Because why not? That's when I got the idea for this post. Why not do a whole bunch of different kinds of cookies? I don't have to write up each recipe myself. No no. I can instead link you to all the recipes for the cookies I baked throughout the week. And of course write a little blurb about each one.
I felt like an absolute genius when I came up with this idea. Mostly because it gave me an excuse to try out a whole bunch of new cookie recipes. Not to mention taste test them. Oh yeah. That's the best part.
So should we get started?
Here we go...
Coffee Sugar Cookies
I don't understand those people. Haha!
I made these ones with decaf coffee because, well, Miss K is wild enough without adding real coffee to her system. She loves coffee. And cookies. So it was better to be safe than sorry.
When I pulled these out of the oven the smell was phenomenal! I mean really phenomenal. You know that smell of freshly brewed coffee? Well add the smell of fresh baked cookies to it and you've got these. I was nearly drooling.
I got help taste testing them this evening (today is just Monday) and I was pretty blown away. I will be for sure adding them to my favorites.
----------
Double Chocolate Cookies
These ones aren't actually a new one for me. But they are definitely high on my husband's list. So of course I had to make them. He's been asking for them for nearly two weeks now.
These ones always turn out beautifully for me. Just a little bit crunchy on the outside and super soft and chewy on the inside. I usually do white and semi-sweet chocolate chips for these cookies but unfortunately I had no white chips this time around.
I made the mistake of cooling these on the table where Miss K can just barely see them when she stands on her toes. Sometimes I forget how long her reach is now. I almost lost a few of these guys before they even had a chance to cool off completely.
----------
Soft Brown Sugar Cookies
Another new one. They look kind of like gingersnaps don't they? But they aren't!
These are brown sugar cookies. I had never heard of such a cookie until I saw this on Pinterest. Thank you for Pinterest!
I almost started making these that very minute. Only thing that stopped me was that it was already 9:30 pm and Miss K and my husband were both sleeping. Haha!
These smell amazing! A little bit of cinnamon and molasses together. It's a really beautiful combination.
And they are the perfect kind of chewy. Oh goodness gracious. I'm going to be sad when we run out of these ones.
And that is all! Not as many as I would have liked to do but hey, it's not easy with a busy toddler. Maybe I'll do another post like this sometime soon. We'll see.
Anyways, have a good weekend folks!



No comments:
Post a Comment