I really would have liked to get this done on Friday. It was, for starters, a very hectic week. Aaaand..... I could not think of a single thing to make. I completely drew a blank. Until last night at around one o'clock in the morning when I felt this crazy need for something with peanut butter in it. That always seems to happen when I'm up super duper late. Figures.
Once again this is not a recipe that I came up with. But that's not much of a surprise at this point is it?
Makes me sad. I need to work on being more creative with my baking I think.
Off track! Sheesh!
I made this recipe for the first time pretty close to a year ago I think. I can't remember for sure. What I do remember is that everyone loved it. And my brother-in-law was slightly addicted to these.
What am I talking about?
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars!
The person who created these is a genius. I really think so. But no matter how carefully I follow the recipe mine always turns out a bit too cake-like than they're supposed to be. But then again, the person who made these did say that they were made in Caribbean heat so they stayed super gooey.
Credit for this recipe goes to: Averie Cooks
Can't forget to give credit where credit is due.
Getting back on track here. I tweaked the recipe only just a teensy bit in the hopes that my bars would stay nice a gooey too. And by teensy bit I mean I just doubled the amount of peanut butter the recipe called for. I do love peanut butter.
And yes, this is a short post. And yes, I am very sorry about that.
Here's the recipe folks! Give it a try!
Just a heads up, you can mix this all by hand because of how soft it is.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/3 heaping cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips + 2 tablespoons (for sprinkling)
Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8 pan.
2. Melt the butter. Wait a bit before adding the egg so it doesn't scramble. (Yuck!) Then add the peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
2. Melt the butter. Wait a bit before adding the egg so it doesn't scramble. (Yuck!) Then add the peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
3. Add the flour and stir until just combined, don't overmix.
4. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
5. Turn batter out into your prepared pan, smooth the top lightly with a spatula.
6. Sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons chocolate chips. (If you want to!)
7. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until done. You can check if they're done by inserting a toothpick into the center. It should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs but no batter.
4. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
5. Turn batter out into your prepared pan, smooth the top lightly with a spatula.
6. Sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons chocolate chips. (If you want to!)
7. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until done. You can check if they're done by inserting a toothpick into the center. It should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs but no batter.
8. Let the bars cool in the pan for at
least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All done! Yay!
And now...... I'm going to go and eat some. And maybe share a little bit with my husband. Maybe.
Good night folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment