Saturday, 20 February 2016

The Planning Stages

No new treat this week folks. I do have something in mind already for next week so don't worry.
No, this week's post is about some future plans I have for Little Miss K's Cookies. I hope you don't mind because that means that there won't be any pictures of cookies involved.

Remember how I wrote about doing a couple craft and bake shows a while back? Well, I'm planning on doing more of those. Not for a while yet. I've learned a lot from just those two and it's safe to say that I have a lot of preparing to do in advance.



This is how I had my table displayed at my last show. It's very crowded isn't it? And you really can't see my little sign very well. Or my price list.
The baking draws you in but when you can't really see what's what then why would you linger?
That thought has been on my mind quite a bit this past week.
And of course following that thought is this one: How can I make it better?

Hence, the planning.
I have been scouring Pinterest, Google and anything else I could think of for tips, general ideas, and everything in between for having a successful bake sale. Some stuff I found was very helpful and some stuff was, well, pretty useless. The most helpful things I found were actually just pictures.
And they gave me some really great ideas.

Now, I am actually a certified drafts-person. As in I can draw blueprints for houses and get paid for it. I had planned to go on to be an architect but along came Miss K!
Enough reminiscing. Or lollygagging. Or whatever it is that I'm doing now.
Sheesh!
I brought up the drafting thing because it means that I draw things. I draw different variations of things. Essentially I'm drawing the same thing over and over again but constantly trying to improve that thing as I do so.
Does that make any sense at all?

So what does that have to do with my planning?
Well, it means that I've drawn out (several times I might add) how I would like to do future displays for craft and bake shows.
I am wild about being prepared for as much as I possibly can. It drives my husband kinda crazy because I try to plan out every detail of everything. He's spontaneous. We complete each other. Haha!

I've so far managed to fill at least 10 pages of a notebook with drawings and notes. It could be more but I'm trying to do them back to back so I don't waste too much paper.
Some stuff is getting repeated quite a bit. Which I guess means it's pretty important.

It is going to be so much fun to start searching different stores for supplies. Fun for me, not so much for Miss K.

I'm even planning out what to sell.
And I have no idea when I'm actually going to do a show!

I must be crazy.

I'm going to get back to my notebook and my online searches. Haha!
Good night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment