Friday, 5 February 2016

It Just Gets Butter and Butter

Hahaha! Wait what?

No, that's not a typo in the title. This is a really delightful buttery kind of cookie folks.

And I'm already wanting more!

I posted on my Facebook page about making these cookies for this post and that I hadn't found the recipe. I actually did this one almost entirely on my own! I say almost because I had to look up similar recipes to figure out this one.

Let me tell you how I turned a box of cake mix into some super duper yummy treats.

First off: Cake mix? Are you serious?
Yes!! I kept seeing these recipes for cake mix cookies on Pinterest and thought How good could those really be? But I found a box of cake mix in my cupboard the other day and was totally unsure of what to do with it or where it even came from. I do all my baking from scratch so that part remains a mystery.

And then I remembered those crazy people and their cake cookies. Lightbulb!
So I did a bit more searching and amazingly enough I never found a cake cookie recipe for this type of cake mix. How lucky could I be?

How in the world can you make cake mix into cookies?
Well..... It is the absolute simplest thing ever!
I really, really mean it.

Most of the batter is already mixed for you. Right? Right!
So all you need to do is add a bit of butter, cream cheese, an egg and a bit of vanilla.


(I couldn't resist the minion!)

 So, you want to see the recipe? Here we go!

 

I don't know how well you can see the picture. I just could not get a clear one. Grr!
But the kind of cake mix I used is butter pecan (sorry mama, this one is not for you). I'm wishing I had some chopped pecans that I could have roasted and added to the batter but I'll remember for the next time I make these.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ingredients:
- 1 box butter pecan cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 8oz package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla

Instructions:
1. Mix together the softened butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
2. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix in until fully incorporated.
3. Slowly add in the cake mix until fully incorporated. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. The dough is going to be thick and very, very sticky.
4. Chill for at least 2 hours (very important!) the fridge. Or if you're impatient you can chill for 30-45 minutes in the freezer.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough into balls about the size of a ping pong ball. (You can make them bigger or smaller depending on your preference.)
6. Bake for 10-11 minutes. They will turn out nice and puffy. They will crack on the top so don't worry about that! Let cool for about 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack or counter top.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that is it! Now, I hope you don't mind but I'm going to go have another cookie.... Or two. 
Okay, maybe three. 

Good night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment